Watch the video to see the add-on in action!
Googles Firebase Cloud Messaging service (FCM), previously known as Google Cloud Messaging Service (GCM), is a real marketing booster. You can reach your users by sending them push notifications to their desktop and even to their mobile devices.
With this add-on you can easily integrate the Google FCM service into your concrete5 site and even send messages to your users directly from your concrete5 dashboard.
After the installations your users will be requested to receive push notifications. If they agree you can send notifications to them at any time.
This add-on requires the concrete5 version 8.0. The FCM service will work with all major browsers (excepted safari).
Instructions / Setup
- Open Firebase Console in your browser.
- Click on "Add a new project".
- Click on the gear icon on the left and then on the menu item "project settings".
- Click on "Add firebase to my web app project".
- Copy the values within the quotes from the config map to the add-on settings in the concrete5 dashboard page "Push Notifications".
- Congratulations you are done.
If you don't have a Google account you need to create a google account first in order to finish the first step.
The FCM service is free to use. Besides the add-ons purchase price you don't have any additionally costs.
This add-on shares user data with Google. To comply with GDPR please read the Google Privacy and extend your privacy page.
Have you already seen my other add-ons? Click here for more information.