- Works with concrete5 version 8+
- Makes your entire website available offline
- Works seamlessly with the concrete5 core system
- Generates a MANIFEST file
- Generates all the necessary META tags for Apple devices
- Contains an own spider engine to crawl your website
- Updates the offline content of site visitors as soon as something has changed on the site
- Adds an add-to-home screen dialog for page visitors
- Automatically generates all sizes of the splash screen and the icon
- Generates a real BITMAP favicon
- Contains a loading screen (colors can be customized!)
- Works with all modern browsers
- Multilingual (German + English)
The "PWA" add-on (Progressive Web Apps) allows your users to save the complete site offline. This not only saves loading times into the millisecond range. The add-on also adds a solid basis for real offline apps, since the site is also accessible without any active internet connection.
The service worker works seamlessly with the core system. Once you have edited, deleted or added a page, the service worker downloads the new version automatically. In addition, the service worker recognizes whether you are e.g. in admin-mode and then turns off automatically.
Furthermore, you have the option to configure the manifest file via the settings. In addition to the manifest file, the add-on also generates all the necessary META-tags to display the add-on on Apple-devices. It even generates a real bitmap favicon.
The add-on is available in German and English language.
- A modern browser
- HTTPS must be activated
- The page must be publicly available
- Pretty URLs must be activated
- The app can store offline data and files only up to 50 Mb
- If the user doesn’t use the app for a few weeks, iOS will free up the app’s files. The icon will still be there on the home screen, and when accessed the app will be downloaded again
The add-to-homescreen dialog will only appear on Android devices after 30 seconds of heuristic user behavior. At Apple, the information dialog is version-dependent. However, the page can always be manually added to the homescreen.